January 30, 2020
Saffron Poached Pears
SAFFRON POACHED PEARS
By: Kristina Todini, RDN
Saffron Poached Pears, a simple and seasonal fall and winter baked fruit dessert with saffron, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, and brown sugar. This delicious and easy recipe proves saffron isn’t just for savory foods!
- 4 bosc pears, peeled and halved
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine water, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, saffron, and cinnamon stick in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add bosc pear halves and reduce liquid to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until pears are cooked and soft throughout. Remove pears and set aside on serving dish.
- Turn heat to high and reduce liquid until it forms a thick or syrupy consistency. Remove pot from heat, drizzle liquid over pears, and serve.