Saffron Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 c mayo
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Splash of white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp saffron saffron threads dissolved in hot water
- 1 garlic glove pressed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika and saffron for garnish
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Fully immerse the eggs in the water and let them boil for about 15 minutes. Run the eggs under cool water before removing the shells.
Use a sharp knife to slice the eggs in half lengthwise to scoop out the egg yolks and set aside the egg whites.
To a medium bowl, add the mayo, olive oil, mustard, vinegar, and saffron water made by dissolving a pinch of saffron and hot water. Whisk to combine.
Add in the pressed garlic clove and salt and pepper. Give the mixture another whisk. Stir in the yolk crumbles until everything is combined.
EGG DYING INGREDIENTS
6 hard boiled eggs
- 3 dash(es)food coloring
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tsp vinegar for each color you are using
EGG DYING DIRECTIONS
- Get enough glasses or mugs for the number of colors you want to use. Fill the mugs or glasses 2/3 of the way full with cold water.
- Add drops of desired food coloring along with 1 tsp vinegar to each mug or cup.
- Place egg whites in the mugs wait until the desired color is reached.
- Remove whites from dye and drain on a plate or paper towel.
- Use a piping bag or Ziploc bag ad cut an end to fill in the hollow egg whites with the egg yolk mixture. Top with a sprinkle of paprika and saffron threads.