Skip to content
Eggnog with Saffron and Rosewater
- ¼ tsp saffron, crushed
- 1 TBS water, hot
- 4 eggs, pasteurized
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk, whole
- 2/3 cup brandy
- 2 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp crushed rose petals, dried
- In a small bowl, combine and reserve 1/4 tsp crushed saffron, and 1 TBS hot water.
- Separate yolks and whites from 4 eggs.
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer, beat egg yolks until pale yellow and thick with 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- Stir in with the egg yolk mixture: 1 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup milk, whole, 2/3 cup brandy (optional), 2 tsp rose water.
- Add saffron water to the cream mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Stir egg whites into the cream mixture.
- Chill egg nog until ready to serve.
- Garnish glasses of egg nog with 1 tsp crushed dried rose petals, and saffron hairs.